HEINLE | 2009 | English | PDF, MP3, AVI | 194 pages | 541 MB
Reading Explorer is a six-level content-based reading series featuring video from national Geographic Digital Media to help develop reading and vocabulary skills for all learners. Each unit of Reading Explorer contains two reading passages and an optional video activity. Reading passages cover a wide range of real-world topics related to culture, science, social studies, travel, and adventure.
• Stunning real-world content supported by stunning visuals develops learner's understanding of the wider world in which they live.
• Reading passages introduce a variety of text types, develop visual literacy, and incorporate graphic organizers, to help learners become better readers in English.
• Reading Comprehension activities include question types commonly found on high-stakes international exams.
• Vocabulary Practice activities build awareness of high-frequency vocabulary items and provide additional mini-passages for reading practice.
• Vocabulary Builder boxes highlight common collocations, affixes, and usage to develop learner independence.
• Video Activities include step-by-step activities for additional comprehension and vocabulary practice while motivating students to learn more about a topic.
• Review Units recycle vocabulary and reading skills through a vocabulary review and a magazine-like spotlight on UNESCO World Heritage Sites.